As a wedding photographer, I’ve come across a good variety of weddings.
For me, a few things are important:
- The look of the venue, of course. Do you prefer a modern type venue, traditional or rustic?
- How smoothly can they prepare for and run your big day?
- The food. If you’ve seen me on Come Dine with Me, you probably know how much I like my food!
There are 3 wedding venues, within half an hour’s drive from Stockport, that I like to work at. All of them are licensed for wedding ceremonies.
Quarry Bank Mill
If you live around Stockport or Manchester, you probably went there on a school trip. Quarry Bank Mill is an old textile mill, classified as National Heritage. There are two identical rooms that you can use. The first one can be set up for the ceremony while the other one will be ready for the reception. After the ceremony, the room can be cleared and ready for the evening party. When the weather is good, you can have the drink reception in the park.
The location is also amazing for bridal portraits. We can use the mill, the garden, brick walls – possibilities are endless.
Here is why you should choose Quarry Bank Mill
- Stunning location. After all, you are in a National Trust park
- Formal 3 course meal or casserole dishes to share
- Two identical rooms to use for the ceremony, reception and evening party
Peruga at Woodheys
Peruga is a beautiful restaurant situaded in Marple Bridge, on Glossop road. The location is perfect for a relaxed small wedding party with a Peak District feeling. Inside, the big windows are pointing towards Manchester, offering an amazing view when the sky is clear.
Here is why you should choose Peruga
- Beautiful view of Manchester
- Intimate feeling
- Wooden heated terrace
- Fine dining
Sandhole Oak Barn
Situated outside Congleton, Sandhole Oak Barn is always a joy to work at. The place is a converted barn where everything has been designed so that you can have plenty of flexibility. For example, you can choose to have your ceremony inside or under the clock tower. There is a beautiful lake right next to the building and the bride can get ready in the small barn next door. I have to say this is also where I have eaten the best lamb ever.
Here is why you should choose Sandhole Oak Barn
- Rustic wooden features
- Large dance floor
- Bridal preparation onsite
- Beautiful lake